Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 27, 2011

Trip to the doctor!

Last Thursday, I had my doctors appointment due to my knee pain from boot camp. Long story short, the doctor told me no more boot camp for 6-8 weeks because I needed therapy to strengthen my core and hips to help my knees stay aligned properly. I explained to the doctor this was not going to work. I told him I have not been this motivated in years and I had to go to boot camp. Is there seriously anything I could do?. He explained to me he didn't think I was going to hurt my knee worse; however, I am going to continue to have the pain. He suggested for me to talk to my trainer and see if she would work with me. He said I should not be running, lunges, squats, or any jumping. I am very frustrated but am hopeful that it will all work out. I will be doing therapy twice a week so hopefully that will help too! Guess I will truly have to stick to my motto. NO PAYNE NO GAIN!!!

I am planning on going to boot camp tonight! I stayed with my parents last night and really didn't want to wake up at 3:30 to drive to boot camp. I will be there tonight though!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Get Fit With Whit said...

What!?!? You didn't want to wake up at 3:30?!? Lol. Yea it's rough. But I'm very proud of you for coming at nit. That's often the most difficult one to motivate yourself to go to. And BTW, love love love the blog :)! Keep up your inspiring work, I'm hooked :)!

June 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home