Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 7, 2011

Week 2 - Day 2

Today I really feel like I accomplished a lot. I have always had problem breathing correctly while working out and while running Whitney (my trainer) noticed this and taught me how to breathe when running. I had no idea you were supposed to breath in twice and then exhale all the way out. This really helped me out a lot while running. I actually look forward to running tomorrow and will start working on my pace now that I know how to breathe. I am still the last person to the studio but I am working on this. It's all about the pace not how fast I run. Once I finally made it back to the studio, our room was rather full and I honestly didn't see a place to place my mat. Whitney kindly showed me where to go and leave it to me...Somehow, I put my foot on my mat and seriously slid several feet and fell. LEAVE IT TO ME....I was so embarrassed everyone in the room saw me and I didn't know what to do but laugh and it was that uncontrollably laugh that I could not stop. Lindsey was beside me and said that would only happen to you, which is so true. Today, I felt like I worked out harder than in my previous workouts. I felt like I had more energy today. I am sure by 10am I will crash. Luckily, someone brought in some Tazo "awake" tea at work and I am drinking a cup now. I am not a caffeine drinker and I am hoping that with time I will gain more energy by working out. Today we did arms, which I thought would consist of different variations of push-ups. But I was wrong, Whitney showed us all sorts of different exercises to work out arms. I highly recommend Whitney as a trainer she actually cares about you individually and makes sure you are doing the exercise the correct way and pushes you just enough. When I signed up for boot camp I had planned on doing it for just one month; however, yesterday I signed up for month #2. They say it only takes 21 days to form a habit. I am a little over 1/3 of the way there. This is super exciting to me. I never thought I could do this physically or ever be able to get up at 4:40ish and I have proven myself. I already have more confidence. Today is going to be a good day!!! O one last note I burned over 700 calories this morning.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home