Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 13, 2011

Monday morning workout after a mini vacate = painful

This morning I actually didn't have a hard time waking up luckily since I feel asleep without charging my phone. This meant I only had 1 alarm which is not good for me. Over the weekend, I took a very fast trip to Savannah with Lindsey to see Becca. We had a really good time and ate some really yummy food. I tried to be conscious of what I was eating. For lunch, we went to Huey's on the river for lunch and I requested grilled shrimp instead of fried shrimp. Becca made us dinner reservations at alligator soul which I kept calling alligator food for some reason :) The waitress described these amazing sounding scallops on a bed of fingerling potatoes which is what I ordered. When I received the order, I was a bit disappointed as there were seriously no potatoes. The scallops (which were tasty) were on top of artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes which was not what I was expecting but still very good. I know I really didn't need any more carbs, but wanted them. :) I kept telling the girls, I am going to ask for more lemon cranberry muffins but I didn't. I am dreading weigh-in this week. Hopefully, I didn't do too bad this weekend. I really did try to make healthier choices. I didn't drink as much water as I should and could tell this morning at boot camp.

Today Lindsey and I were both really dreading boot camp because of our trip. This week started speed week which includes several sprints during our morning workout. I was really nervous and really hoping we stuck to the flat running path this morning. My wish did not come true. Up the hill we go sprinting. Guess who ran with me? You guessed it, Whitney, which was really good for me otherwise I may not have been able to run all the way up, but she was able to help me with my breathing and motivation to get up that hill. Long story short, I was able to run up the entire hill every time this morning. This was a big hurdle for me. I seriously can't believe I did it and I did!!! After one of the runs, we went back to the play ground and were to place one foot on a platform which was 2 ft off the ground and one foot on the ground and had to pull our self up without using hands (this is hard for me using hands). Leave it to me, I pulled my right hip while doing this; but , I kept going. We still had 2 more sprints at this point. I am so glad Lindsey and I both started our week and morning off to a good start..

During mine and Lindsey's 16+ hours in the car, she suggested I start drinking a protein shake after working out. We saw a sign for peaches and stopped to get some for my shake. I made a shake this morning and it was Delicious. I used vanilla protein powder, almond milk, 2 peaches, and added maybe 1TBS of cocao nibs. I am not a fruit eater and feel this is a really good way to get some fruit in. It was like drinking a milkshake. I plan on going to Trader Joe's at lunch to get some groceries. Why do I always dread going to the grocery store? I love to cook , but hate buying the ingredients.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I am so glad you made it through bootcamp Monday! So proud of you!

June 14, 2011 at 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Kayla Payne said...

Thank you! Had a lot of fun this weekend. Tomorrow is weigh in day !

June 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Get Fit With Whit said...

Try adding some spinach in to your shakes. Just a cup or two. You will find it won't affect the flavor and the veggies are like a natural glutamine (aids in muscle recovery). Try it out and let me know

June 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home