Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 16, 2011

Feel the BURN!!!

Yesterday was good day! I actually lost .6LBS. Not too much, but it is better than none! I have always heard its better to lose slow than fast and I am in this for a lifestyle change not to get skinny over night. I do want to give a shout out to one of my besties KARA..she lost 4.8LBS at weight watchers this week. That is amazing. I have never lost that much in a week. When I used to go to WW with Alice she would frequently lose that much..Congrats KARA!!

I actually just got back from lunch..Can you believe I ordered fruit...FRUIT!!! as my side. Now that is something that I have never done. Baby steps...and it will be well worth it in the long run.

This morning I woke up excited to go to boot camp! Lindsey had told Whitney the day before about my knee pain. She was concerned about my knee and adjusted every workout for me. Another reason, I love my trainer, Whitney. She let me know real fast that weights were going to be my best friend since I can't run or jump....So no more sprinting for me or jumping. Now I get to walk at a very fast pace with weights. I thought it might be slightly easier than running..um no!!! I was sweating more than ever today! My arms still feel like jello. I am sure it will get easier. I can't believe we are almost finished with speed week.. Apparently next week is called "hell" week. I can only imagine what is in store for next week. O and we did an ab workout and I felt abs I never knew I had for the first time. Its hard to explain but basically we did 3 different levels of crunches at once. I could feel the burn!!! On a more positive note my knee feels a lot better!!!

I really can't believe I have almost successfully completed my 3rd week of boot camp! I owe a lot of it to Lindsey. She has really been a huge motivator and she is not going to do boot camp next month.tear....She says she is still going to get me up in the morning to go...I'll need that. But I can honestly say she has been the boot camp champ!! Bless her heart she went last night and there were only 3 members that showed up. Needless to say it was the toughest workout thus far...but she was up and ready to pick me up this morning. WAY TO GO LINDS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

.6 pounds is awesome! I am so excited for you! You girls are keeping me motivated and I am 8 hours away! Wooohooo!

June 17, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home