Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 22, 2011

Boot camp + Birthday = ice cream cake for me :)

Monday was my 28th birthday and it could not have been more perfect! I started the day off with boot camp! This week is my 4th week of boot camp. I honestly cannot believe it has been almost 4 weeks. I am honestly feeling better about myself both physically and mentally. For some reason, boot camp is always a dream to me. I cannot even remember what we did Monday. I remember it being hard and where I stood in class but no idea what we did. When I got home, I showered and then layed down with Melonee for about 30 minutes. I just love cuddling with her. Jennifer came to pick up the girls from the weekend and brought me chick-fil-a..my favorite. After having breakfast with my family, I went to work. While at work, Greg walks up with flowers which caught me off guard. I was thinking who in the world would be sending me flowers. I looked and it was a co-worker who I have known for maybe 3 months. She also took me to J. Alexander's (one of my favorites) and got me a purse! TOO MUCH!!! I have to tell you what I ordered at J's. I got the pork tenderloin with orzo and wild rice. Also, we had to get the queso dip. After lunch, my boss told me to go home! I was excited to actually spend some time with my family and Alice. Me, mom, and Alice went to TJMAXX while dad mowed my yard!

When we got home from our shopping adventure, Mandi was preparing dinner for my family and close friends. She is so thoughtful! The menu included a balsamic salad with homemade sour dough croutons, stuffed pork tenderloin, and orzo and wild rice. I loved it even though it was very similar to what I had for lunch. She also got my favorite (Dairy Queen) ice cream cake and yes I had a piece and hope to finish it off tonight. I was very excited that several of my friends were able to come to make my day even more special. I hope to post pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home