Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 6, 2011

Week 2

Today it was my turn to drive. Lindsey called me and in her sweet voice said just checking to see if you are up. I said yes I am getting ready..when really I was not even awake...I got up and got ready in seriously 2 minutes and then picked her up. We were not late :) When we got there we did our normal warm-up routine and then grabbed our weights and went outside to run. Before we went out Whitney told us to grab our water because we were going to be out for awhile. Once again, thank goodness I do the 5:15 class. So after running to our designated spot we did several exercises to work our legs, then we did squats up a hill sideways, then ran up the hill to the parking garage that has the ....you guessed it...stairs!!! 1/2 of us did squats up the stairs while the other half did wall squats. Then the groups switched. We ended up going up and down the flights of stairs 3 times. I seriously didn't think I was going to make it. The stairs were pretty difficult for me and the rest of the campers. After we finished the stairs we were told to run back to the studio. Our instructor told up to pick a pace and stick with and keep our heads down. She also suggested to run/walk every other tree. This really does help. Once we got back we did more sit-ups, bicylces, etc. For some reason after today's workout I was exhausted. After taking a shower, I said to myself I have time to lay down and take a brief nap. This was a mistake because I did not end up getting to work until 10am which means I will have to work later. Hopefully, I will get some good rest tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home