Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 9, 2011

Two workouts in 12 hours..whew....

Last night I we braved the heat and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Don't get me wrong it was hot, but I survived. We worked on arms which I seriously need to work on. My upper strength is lacking. I was able to use an 8LB weight to do this belly dance move which was really complicated. Also, I could definitely tell a big difference in my run. The breathing trick has helped me so much. One of my concerns is when I work out at night, I really have a hard time falling asleep. This happened again this week. I only got 5 hours of sleep last night, but I didn't let that stop me from getting up and going to boot camp bright and early. On the way to the studio I told Lindsey how crazy it was we just worked out less than 12 hours ago. Today was very difficult for us both. I think the hardest day yet. We did suicide sprints up a hill...not once, not twice, not three, but 4 times!!!! Might I add after the 2nd go around Whitney said this is your last time ,..you can do it! Well after we completed the third round we went back into the studio to do more weight exercises for our legs (I thought for sure we were done with the sprints) NO she sent us back out the door again. I told Lindsey I don't think I can do it..it was very difficult, but I survived somehow. We also worked on sit-ups which I am doing better at.

I really am going to try to make it to boot camp in the morning. I am planning on going out tonight with one of my good friends who I have not seen in over a year. I promise not to misbehave too much.. Also, this weekend Lindsey and I am going to Savannah to see a friend...super excited, but a very short trip. I can't wait, its going to be so much fun. I hope to get in a lot of walk so I will be ready for boot camp bright and early Monday morning.

Goal of the week: I am going to work really hard on tracking my food this week. Today has been good so far! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home