Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 8, 2011

Weigh -In Wednesday

Today I was so pumped about going to my weight watchers at work meeting because I had done so good. Even on my cheat day I did well. Today I had an interview at work so I didn't wear my normal dress and flats. I wore spanks, pants, spandex tank, shirt, belt, jewelry, high heels.etc...Trying to look my best :) Well I get on the scale and I gained .6 LBS. I am a little disappointed, but I will just try harder next week. I really really need to start tracking what I eat. I hear this everyday at boot camp. I don't have any excuses, I am just not good at tracking. I plan to start now!!! So far today has been an ok day!! I found out my friend, Ann Claire, is not coming on our girl's trip. I am sad about that but understand totally. Also, today one of my friends asked me to do a yard sale this weekend. Well, today is Wednesday and that is super short notice. I told her that I am going to Savannah and she responds,"for someone who says they never have plans..i seem to be out of town a lot" for some reason that just really hit me..I don't know why. I am not mad at her or anything but my response was...I am just living like there is no tomorrow. I really am trying to live like there is no tomorrow. Recently (last week) one of my fathers very close friend growing up died unexpectedly which really hit me. They don't know for sure if he had a heat stroke or a heart attack. This really scares me. You just never know about life. On st. patty's day my father had open heart surgery at 55. Now that is scary! Another reason, I am changing my habits to be healthier. The saying is so true, you never know what you have until you lose it and get get it back. Live today as it may be your last, love with full sincerity, believe with true faith, and hope with all of your might!!! Wish me luck, today's boot camp is at 6 pm and its already 95 degrees outside. I'll check back in tomorrow and let you know how I feel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorig23 said...

I think this is your best post yet! So honest- I loved reading it. Thanks for being a motivator to me. I'm really, really going to try and start Weight Watchers again soon. I love you!

June 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Kayla said...

That excites me!! I can't believe I am actually doing this :) You know I am not the write but it has really kept me accountable.

June 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home