Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Jun 28, 2011

15.7 INCHES!

I am amazed at the results of just one month of boot camp. From the measurements that I took I lost 15.7 inches. This month I chose to measure other places of my body to see how much I lose in other areas of my body (neck, calves, thighs, arms). The bulk of my loss was around my waist, I lost 8 inches. I checked and rechecked to make sure the tape measure was correct and it is. Also, yesterday was test day at Niki G's boot camp. The test includes a timed mile, and number of sit-ups and push-ups we can do. I started off running but Whitney told me that I was to walk because of my knee. I am sure I will appreciate that later but I really wanted to run just to compare from day 1 of boot camp. I walked the mile in a little over 16 minutes which is not good, but I plan to work on that and hope to do it in 14 minutes by the end of the month. I am not a fast walker. I would rather run than walk fast. On day 1 of boot camp I did 4 sit-ups. Guess how many I did yesterday? 20!!! and I feel like I could of done more and on day one of boot camp it was nearly impossible for me to do 4. I am so impressed with myself! My goal this month is to really work on push-ups. I still was only able to do 1 yesterday. Tomorrow I weigh in at weight watchers. I hope to do well but I am trying not to focus on the scale..The inches mean more to me :)

Goals of the month:
Walk a mile in 14 minutes
Do more than 1 push-up
Eat Clean
Walk or do some type of cardio on days I do not go to boot camp.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Wooohooooo Kayla! I am so proud of you! Keep it up but be careful with that knee!! Love you!

June 29, 2011 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

GO GIRL!!! Way to go on the sit-ups! That is awesome!!! I'm proud of you for not letting that knee stop you from reaching your goals, even if it is a slower-paced mile!

June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Kayla said...

Thanks girls! Maybe one day I will post pictures. I still have a long road ahead of me...

June 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home