Name:
Location: United States

Hi! My name is Kayla. I’m 28 years old and my goal is to blog about my weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle change. I am by no means a writer nor wish to be; however, I want to journal about my desire to be a healthier person. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Since I was a child I have always been larger girl and in reality I have always been larger than my family and friends. In college I decided to do the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs and only kept it off for a year or so. I have done every diet known to man. I can remember my mom always trying to help me out by taking me to a “diet doctor” growing up and trying to help me with my weight problems. I have had my successes but obviously none have been a lifestyle change or I would not be where I am today. I am more than ready to take on the challenge of having a healthier lifestyle the healthy way.

Aug 18, 2011

"Do your best and forget the rest" - Lindsey

I was so honored to help several friends host Lindsey a His/Her shower this past weekend. Can you tell I was exhausted, but everything was so worth it. Lindsey is truly one of my very best friends and has been my #1 motivator since we both joined boot camp. I sure hope she continues boot camp after her wedding! :)

This week at boot camp is speed week (aka sprints). Specifically we have been doing tabata sprints! Tabata sprints can be done a variety of different ways. Basically you sprint as hard as you can for 20 seconds walk for 10 seconds, repeat 7+ times. Tabata sprints are a highly effective fat loss choice per my trainer! We shall see! This morning I learned a fun fact that I did not know. While doing cardio, you only burn fat while doing the cardio; however, after doing weight training you continue to burn fat post the workout.

I'm going to leave you with a quote Lindsey told me this morning.

"Do your best and forget the rest."


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Kayla Renee!! P.S. I stole that quote from P90x... :)

August 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home